Today is Sunday February 20th, 2011 and it is our teams first real day off in Guatemala. Yes, we worked on our trip to Tikal…We just finished our first full week of “training trainers.” So, I am writing this blog to publically acknowledge and thank all of my TEM Lab Teammates for their hard work and dedication. We have all worked really well together and have put together an amazing project. There is no way we could have done this without working well as a team. I can only hope to remain great friends with all of you and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors upon completing your MBA at Thunderbird.
As I look back, I cannot believe the amount of work we have accomplished in only 3 weeks. This past work week each team member averaged around 76 billable hours. Let’s take a look back at what we have accomplished…
Remember…all of this is in Spanish…
In the past 3 weeks:
- Conducted around 20 Meetings with our client and intermediaries to flesh out their needs and how we can specifically provide help.
- Completed the updated Project Synopsis & Work Plan, which were the signed off by the Vice Minister of Economy.
- Built and Finalized the Training Topics, Training Schedules, Lesson Plans, Curriculum, Methodology, & Brochure for advertising the training sessions.
- Designed the 140 page Training Manual and 26 Page Business Plan Template. The Training Manual will be distributed to all of the trainers participating in our training sessions. They will then use the manual to train Micro, Small, and Medium sized enterprises throughout the country of Guatemala. It covers close to 30 topics in the areas of: Business Creation, Global Sales & Marketing, Exporting, Management & Leadership, Finance, & Accounting. The Business Plan Template is designed to be filled out during each section of our training. At the end of the training each participant will have a fully developed business plan ready to be implemented immediately.
- Designed the Participation Certificate to be handed out after the participants complete the training.
- Successfully completed the first round of training sessions.
Let’s keep up the great work and remember…We have the amazing opportunity to live each day in Guatemala under the Thunderbird Oath of Honor:
As a Thunderbird and a global citizen, I promise:
I will strive to act with honesty and integrity,
I will respect the rights and dignity of all people,
I will strive to create sustainable prosperity worldwide,
I will oppose all forms of corruption and exploitation, and
I will take responsibility for my actions.
As I hold true to these principles, it is my hope that I may enjoy an honorable reputation and peace of conscience.
This pledge I make freely and upon my honor.